IB DP Online Tuition Classes
What is the IBDP?
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program is a rigorous high-school curriculum that prepares students for university while developing their disciplinary and interdisciplinary knowledge and understanding. As its name suggests, IBDP is an international program, meant to provide high-quality education to students across the world. Since the program started in 1968, more than 1.5 million students from almost 150 countries have participated in it.IBDP offers over 30 courses from these six subject groups:
- Language and Literature
- Language Acquisition
- Social Sciences
Students pick one course from each of these six groups, with the option to replace the arts subject with a second subject from groups 1-5. Each subject can be taken at either Higher Level or Standard Level. Higher Level courses require 240 hours of instruction and cover more material than Standard Level courses, which require 150 hours of instruction. At least three courses must be taken at Higher Level.
In addition to the classes, all IBDP students complete the IB core, which consists of Theory of Knowledge (TOK), Extended Essay (EE), and Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS).
Students receive a grade from 1 (lowest) to 7 (highest) for each of their six subjects. These grades are assigned based on a combination of internal and external assessments. Furthermore, up to 3 points are awarded for performance in the IBDP core. Hence, the maximum possible score is 45 points. Students need 24 points overall to pass, and the average score is 30 points.
Why choose online tuitions for IBDP?
Online tuitions aren’t just an alternative to normal tuitions—in many ways, they are superior to face-to-face classes. Here are some reasons why you should consider online IBDP tuitions for your child:
- Personalization: online tuitions allows for small groups, which means that your child will get the personal attention that they need to succeed in IBDP.
- Flexibility: online tuitions in IBDP offers much greater flexibility with when you have your classes. Most tutors are happy to schedule classes at a time that best works for your child, and can also be available on short-notice if required.
- No commute: why should you waste time driving your child through traffic to get to classes on time? Both you and your child have busy lives—with online tuitions, it takes seconds to log-in to IBDP classes from the comfort of your home.
- Always available: a lot of things can derail face-to-face IBDP classes: bad weather, problems commuting, a pandemic… Online tuitions, however, are much more reliable.
- Learn from the best: with face-to-face IBDP classes, you need to find a tutor geographically close to you. There is no such limitation for online tuitions—your tutor could be on the other side of the world! This means that you get to choose from many more tutors and organizations. You can compare and choose the best, and switch easily if you need to. Especially if you are in an area where there are few in-person tuitions options for IBDP, this means that you now get to pick from the best of the best.
Why choose Tychr for IBDP Tuitions?
Out of all the online tuition options, what makes Tychr the best for IBDP? These are some reasons:
- We have over 9 years and 10,000 hours of teaching experience. Tychr has been doing online tuitions before they were cool, and we know exactly how to use technology to best help your child succeed at IBDP.
- Small study groups mean that your child can go at their own pace and get individual attention to their strengths and weaknesses, while also enjoying the benefits of group learning.
- T.E.S.T.: our unique teaching style uses a proven strategy of Theoretical framework, Explanatory videos, Strengthening concepts and Time-bound tests to help your child crack IBDP.
- Tychr is also live and interactive. Relying solely on recorded videos can become monotonous and impersonal. Therefore, Tychr uses real-time monitoring, assessment, and feedback to keep our IBDP students engaged and active.
- Most importantly, at Tychr, students learn in an environment of support and success. We help your child set realistic targets and achieve them. We build your child’s confidence and self-esteem through positive relationships with teachers and peers.
IBDP at Tychr
Like all our online tuitions, our IBDP course follows our proven T.E.S.T. Methodology. For the IBDP, this means:
The student participates in lessons from professional IBDP tutors in small batches of 5 students or fewer. They also get access to comprehensive, high-quality study material on almost every topic of the syllabus.
After the student is comfortable with the basics, they begin to watch more explanatory videos to supplement their knowledge.
The student then begins practicing with modular assignments to reinforce their skills. One-to-one mentoring sessions help iron out any misconceptions. Tychr also holds brainstorming sessions with faculty and students from different countries to help students plan their Extended Essay and ToK presentation.
Time Bound Tests
Finally, the student moves on to solving question papers in exam-style conditions. They receive checked answer sheets and a comprehensive answer key to each. Tychr also provides performance analysis with real-time rankings for students around the world.
There are two secrets to success in the IBDP: understanding and practice. Tychr’s T.E.S.T. philosophy helps students build a solid conceptual foundation, and then reinforce that by practicing with high-quality material and receiving incisive feedback. This is only possible because of the way we have used technology to make such resources available to everyone. Most local tuitions are not equipped to handle the unique challenges of the IBDP, but with Tychr, your child can have access to the best online tuitions and practice resources anywhere.