What is ICSE?
Conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, a private board of school education in India, marking the completion of class 10 and the first board exam in an Indian student’s life.
The subjects offered for ICSE by CISCE are:
- Second Language – Indian Language
- Second Language – Sanskrit
- Modern Foreign Languages
- History and Civics
- Commercial Studies
- Modern Foreign Language – Group II
- Classical Language
- Environmental Science
- Computer Applications
- Economic Applications
- Commercial Applications
- Performing Arts
- Home Science
- Fashion Designing
- Physical Education
- Technical Drawing Applications
- Environmental Applications
- Modern Foreign Language – Group III
- SUPW and Community Service
Further details like the syllabus and past papers on the same can be found on the CISCE official website.
How many subjects are there in classes 9 and 10 for ICSE Online Coaching?
Candidates appearing for the examination have to study six subjects, with one to three papers in each subject. This makes for a total of eight to eleven papers, depending on the subjects. ICSE results are taken from best five of six subjects out of which English marks is compulsory.
If a candidate has passed in all subjects in the ICSE examination, can he/she reappear in one or two subjects to improve grades?
Yes, a candidate may reappear in one or more subjects subsequent to obtaining a Pass Certificate in the ICSE examination. A Supplementary Pass Certificate will be awarded thereafter to a candidate on successful performance in subject/s in which the reappearance has been undertaken.
What is the age limit for appearing for the ICSE (Class-X) Examination?
As such there is no age limit for appearing for the ICSE Examination. However, schools, while admitting the candidates are requested to follow the norms as set by the State Education Department of the concerned State Government.
Can a private candidate or a candidate from another Board/s take the ICSE (Class-X) Examination directly?
Private candidates are not permitted to appear for the examination, nor can candidates from other Board/s take the ICSE (Class-X) Examination directly. The ICSE (Class-X) Examination is a two-year course of Classes IX and X. Candidates desirous of taking the ICSE Examination are required to register in Class IX as regular school candidates from affiliated schools and are required to enter for six subjects along with Socially Useful Productive Work (SUPW). It is also necessary that the candidates have a minimum of 75% attendance in both Classes IX and X.
I had appeared for the ICSE Examination and wish to apply for a recheck in a few subjects. To whom do I have to approach for the recheck and the subsequent result?
A recheck application must be made online by the school / candidate. A fee of Rs. 1000/- is charged for each subject recheck request. After processing, the Council intimates the school / candidate about the result of the recheck request. The parents or candidates may also get in touch with the Head of the concerned school for the result of the same.
How do we, at our online tuition classes, Tychr, make students engage with learning with more willingness?
- We know the best changes happen in our lives when we choose to improve a certain aspect of it very consciously. Our online tutoring platform aims at providing an environment, conducive to success. We know the difference between a group and a crowd. Small size of our study group incorporates the benefits of both one to one session and group learning. At Tychr, a climate of expectation and success is encouraged, and all students are helped to set realistic targets and then given the required assistance in achieving them.
- We promote a safe, orderly, caring, and supportive environment for students. Each student’s self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships with teachers and fellow peers.
What makes Tychr different from the other online tutoring platforms?
We at Tychr follow an adaptive teaching methodology that understands the strength and weakness of every single student. To break the monotony of recorded video lectures, our online tutoring classes at Tychr ensures real time monitoring, assessment and feedback of its students.
- We have teachers who are experts in their fields with over 9 years of teaching experience!
- Our online tutors can increase your learning potential with engaging classes conducted virtually, so you enjoy learning for over 10,000 hours.
- Tychr has guided students globally in improving their grades, confidence and ability. We provide incredible academic and intellectual guidance to aspiring students.
What is our tutoring methodology going forward?
Our educational framework
- Lessons from the highly experienced ICSE tutors at the comfort of your home.
- A small batch of NOT more than 5 students having common subjects, ensuring every student gets personal guidance.
- Detailed subject wise study material prepared on almost every topic of the curriculum.
Explanatory videos: Explanatory videos to supplement student’s knowledge base and helps provide absolute clarification of concepts.
Strengthening of concepts and time-bound test series:
- Modular assignments and subject-wise question bank to practice and finesse your skills.
- Brainstorming sessions among students from different cities of India, in order to help bring-in as many perspectives and ideas to the table as possible.
- One-on-one mentoring sessions conducted regularly as a major part of our online tuitions.
Time bound test series:
- Exam style question papers practice conducted often, in an examination ambience.
- Checked answer sheets are uploaded on the student portal for both the guardians and the candidates to be aware of their performance.
- Comprehensive answer key to each test in the module.
We know that the online mode of education is here to stay. What are our goals with online tuitions?
At Tychr, we focus on enhancing creative and intellectual faculties of students, equipping
them with desired cutting-edge competencies to excel in the ever dynamic 21st century and
ultimately serving the global student community.
- With our regular online tuition classes, we aim to bridge the gaps and misunderstandings of concepts to strengthen the fundamentals of students.
- With regular and thorough practice of questions with varying difficulties, we hope to equip our students with “laser smart problem-solving skills”.
- At Tychr, the knowledge is conveyed in an integrated, holistic and cross-disciplinary fashion, with the comprehensive courses planned by our expert faculty.
- At our online tuition classes, we aim at creating a custom-made framework derived from assessing individual strengths and weaknesses.
How are the ICSE students going to benefit from our online tuitions?
- We have a very comprehensive tutoring plan for the ICSE candidates in almost every topic in the curriculum.
- Our online tuitions will be conducted in small batches, so that every candidate gets personal attention. That will help train every child on understanding their strengths and weaknesses at a very integral level.
- All our tutors are very experienced in their fields of teaching.
We are bringing newer, more learning conducive teaching tactics with our online tuitions’ platform.