What is ISC?
Conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, a private board of school education in India, marking the completion of class 12 and the second board exam in an Indian student’s life.
The subjects offered for ISC by CISCE are:
- Indian Languages
- Modern Foreign Languages
- Classical Languages
- Elective English
- Political Science
- Business Studies
- Home Science
- Fashion Designing
- Electricity & Electronics
- Engineering Science
- Computer Science
- Geometrical & Mechanical Drawing
- Geometrical & Building Drawing
- Physical Education
- Environmental Science
Further details like the syllabus and past papers on the same can be found on the CISCE official website.
On passing passed Class X Examination from CBSE/NIOS/State Board after giving the Compartment Examination, can one get admission in Class XI of ISC?
Yes, you can get admission to Class XI of ISC however, you must have passed the Class X Examination from a recognized Examination Board in five written subjects at one and the same sitting of the external examination including English (compulsory subject) and four other written subjects.
If a candidate has passed in all subjects can he/she appear for the examination again for three subjects in the following year?
Yes, the candidate may apply and appear for one or more subjects offered by him/her in the ISC Examination in the following year. The candidate will be awarded a Supplementary Pass Certificate. A candidate can also re-appear for the ISC exam, for improving grades, even if the hiatus has been considerably long. The candidate will have to give a written application to the Principal of the school, who will register him/her online for the entry to the ISC Examination.
Will a candidate re-appearing for the supplementary ISC exam also have to take the practical exam for subjects requiring one?
Yes, all practical and theory papers must be completed for the re-sits.
If a candidate, currently studying in Class XII has six subjects (English and five electives, one of which is Mathematics) and wants to drop one (Mathematics), is it permissible? What is the procedure?
Please approach the Head of your School about your request. The Head of the School will then inform the Council that you wish to drop a subject and the reason for doing so. Please note, for the ISC Examination, you have to opt for a minimum of four subjects of which English is compulsory. Please note that the students are however advised to study a minimum of five subjects (English plus four subjects).
I would like to know whether a student passing his/her Class XI from one city can take admission in Class XII in an ISC school in another city.
Yes, it is possible for a student to transfer from one Council’s affiliated School to another subject to fulfilling certain conditions as laid down by the Council. The Principal of the admitting school should apply online seeking prior approval of the Transfer Admission with the details and relevant documents of the case, so that the Council may advise accordingly. Please note that the Council does not correspond directly with candidates, parents or guardians in any matter, whatsoever it may be.
How do we, at our online tuition classes, Tychr, make students engage with learning with more willingness?
- We know the best changes happen in our lives when we choose to improve a certain aspect of it very consciously. Our online tutoring platform aims at providing an environment, conducive to success.
- We know the difference between a group and a crowd. Small size of our study group incorporates the benefits of both one to one session and group learning.
- At our online tuitions, we create an environment of expectation and success is encouraged, and all students are helped to set realistic targets and then given the required assistance in achieving them.
- We promote a safe, orderly, caring, and supportive environment for students. Each student’s self-esteem is fostered by positive relationships with teachers and fellow peers.
What makes Tychr different from the other online tutoring platforms?
We at Tychr follow an adaptive teaching methodology that understands the strength and weakness of every single student. To break the monotony of recorded video lectures, our online tutoring classes at Tychr ensures real time monitoring, assessment and feedback of its students.
- The teaching faculty are experts in their fields with over 9 years of teaching experience!
- Our online tutors can increase your learning potential with engaging classes conducted virtually, so that all our candidates can enjoy learning for over 10,000 hours.
- Tychr has guided students globally in improving their grades, confidence and ability. We provide incredible academic and intellectual guidance to aspiring students.
What is our tutoring methodology going forward?
Our educational framework:
- Lessons from the highly experienced ICSE tutors at the comfort of your home.
- Small batches of NOT more than 5 students having common subjects, ensuring every student gets personal guidance.
- Detailed subject wise study material prepared on almost every topic of the curriculum.
Explanatory videos: Explanatory videos to supplement student’s knowledge base and helps provide absolute clarification of concepts.
Strengthening of concepts and time-bound test series:
- Modular assignments and subject-wise question bank to practice and finesse your skills.
- Brainstorming sessions among students from different cities of India, in order to help bring-in as many perspectives and ideas to the table as possible.
- One-on-one mentoring sessions conducted regularly as a major part of our online tuitions.
Time bound test series:
- Exam style question papers practice conducted often, in an examination ambience.
- Checked answer sheets are uploaded on the student portal for both the guardians and the candidates to be aware of their performance.
- Comprehensive answer key to each test in the module.
We know that the online mode of education is here to stay. What are our goals with online tuitions?
At Tychr, we focus on enhancing creative and intellectual faculties of students, equipping
them with desired cutting-edge competencies to excel in the ever dynamic 21st century and
ultimately serving the global student community.
- Tychr aims at bridging gaps in existing understanding of concepts to strengthen the fundamentals of students.
- We believe in imparting “laser smart problem-solving approach” amongst the students.
- At Tychr, the knowledge is conveyed in an integrated, holistic and cross-disciplinary fashion.
- We at Tychr aim at creating a custom-made framework derived from assessing individual strengths and weaknesses.
How are the ICSE students going to benefit from our online tuitions?
- We have a very comprehensive plan tutoring plan for the ICSE candidates in almost every topic in the curriculum.
- Our online tuitions will be conducted in small batches, so that every candidate gets personal attention. That will help train every child on understanding their strengths and weaknesses at a very integral level.
- All our tutors are very experienced in their fields of teaching.
We strive to give our students the opportunity to learn and prepare themselves for exams very strategically. At our online tuitions, we teach our students how to study so in a way that will stay with them for the rest of their lives.