What is the SAT?
The SAT is a standardized test used by American universities to assess students’ readiness for college. It is developed and published by the College Board. The SAT is designed to test fundamental math, reading, and writing skills that students learn in high school. The SAT is offered worldwide multiple times every year, and students can choose to take it multiple times and report their highest score to colleges. It is taken by more than 2.2 million students annually. Scores are adjusted to be comparable across test sessions.
The SAT has four components: the Reading Test, the Writing and Language Test, the Math Test, and the optional SAT Essay. Students taking the SAT receive a score on 10-point intervals between 400 and 1600: 800 points for the Reading and Writing sections together, and 800 points for the Math section. The average SAT score is 1059/1600. The Essay section is scored separately from the rest of the test.
Why choose online tuitions for SAT test prep?
Online tuitions aren’t just an alternative to normal tuitions—in many ways, they are superior to face-to-face classes. Here are some reasons why you should consider online SAT tuitions for your child:
- Personalization: online tuitions allows for small groups, which means that your child will get the personal attention that they need to succeed in the SAT.
- Flexibility: online tuitions in SAT offers much greater flexibility with when you have your classes. Most tutors are happy to schedule classes at a time that best works for your child, and can also be available on short-notice before the exam if required.
- No commute: why should you waste time driving your child through traffic to get to classes on time? Both you and your child have busy lives—with online tuitions, it takes seconds to log-in to SAT classes from the comfort of your home.
- Always available: a lot of things can derail face-to-face SAT tuitions: bad weather, problems commuting, a pandemic… Online tuitions, however, are much more reliable.
- Learn from the best: with face-to-face SAT classes, you need to find a tutor geographically close to you. There is no such limitation for online tuitions—your tutor could be on the other side of the world! This means that you get to choose from many more tutors and organizations. You can compare and choose the best, and switch easily if you need to. Especially if you are in an area where there are few in-person tuition options for SAT, this means that you now get to pick from the best of the best.
Why choose Tychr for SAT Coaching Classes?
Out of all the online tuition options, what makes Tychr the best for SAT? These are some reasons:
- We have over 9 years and 10,000 hours of teaching experience. Tychr has been doing online tuitions before they were cool, and we know exactly how to use technology to best help your child succeed at SAT.
- Small study groups mean that your child can go at their own pace and get individual attention to their strengths and weaknesses, while also enjoying the benefits of group learning.
- T.E.S.T.: our unique teaching style uses a proven strategy of Theoretical framework, Explanatory videos, Strengthening concepts and Time-bound tests to help your child crack the SAT and get into their dream U.S. college.
- Tychr is also live and interactive. Relying solely on recorded videos can become monotonous and impersonal. Therefore, Tychr uses real-time monitoring, assessment, and feedback to keep our SAT students engaged and active.
- Most importantly, at Tychr, students learn in an environment of support and success. We help your child set realistic targets and achieve them. We build your child’s confidence and self-esteem through positive relationships with teachers and peers.
SAT at Tychr
Like all our online tuitions, our SAT course follows our proven T.E.S.T. Methodology. For the SAT, this means:
The student participates in lessons from professional SAT tutors in small batches of 5 students or fewer. They also get access to comprehensive, high-quality study material on almost every topic of the syllabus.
After the student is comfortable with the basics, they begin to watch more explanatory videos to supplement their knowledge.
The student then begins practicing with modular assignments and sectional tests to reinforce their skills. One-to-one mentoring sessions help iron out any misconceptions.
Time Bound Tests
Finally, the student moves on to solving full-length SAT papers in exam-style conditions. They receive checked answer sheets and a comprehensive answer key to each.
The SAT is one of the most important parts of your child’s college application—it’s important that every child realizes their potential on this test. Tychr uses technology to bring high-quality SAT tutoring, as well as original study and practice material, to students anywhere in the world.