Ascend International School is an IB world school in Bandra East, Mumbai, India. It is a coeducational international Pre-K to 12th grade day school established in 2011 and managed by the non-profit Kasegaon Education Society. Kasegaon Education Society is a leading educational organization. Established in Maharashtra in 1945 by Shri Rajarambapu Patil. The Society was founded by a dedicated group of individuals who were deeply concerned about the lack of educational opportunities for the youth of Maharashtra. Determined to improve the low literacy rate in the state, the Society has established a series of schools, colleges and vocational training institutes over the last 60 years.
These educational institutes are Primary, Middle, Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools, Arts & Commerce Colleges, Institutes of Technology, Institutes of Business Administration, Vocational Training, Dairy Management, Nursing, Pharmacy and Industrial Training. Currently, Kasegaon Society runs 46 institutes, employs over 1100 people and provides education to more than 26,000 students.
Ascend International School delivers a rigorous and collaborative 21st century education where students discover a lifelong love of learning. Our innovative program is grounded in contemporary educational research. Through individualized education, we foster academic excellence and cultivate self-confident, creative, reflective, and analytical thinkers. Ascend students are motivated to act in the selfless tradition of the Indian heart, actively contributing to their expanding global community.
Ascend International School is widely known for its highly qualified staff, innovative programs and experienced leadership along with impeccable facilities. The International Baccalaureate program and problem-based learning, as well as the educational philosophy of the University Child Development School define the school’s curriculum. The program is further designed in a way to address the growing need for reflective and creative thinkers.
Pre-Primary Programmes Age criteria for that academic year:
- Half Day programme: The child must be at least three years and five months (3.5) by August 1st.
- KG I: Children must be four years and five months (4.5) by August 1st.
- KG II: Children must be at least five years and five months (5.5) by August 1st
Primary Programmes Age criteria for that academic year:
- Grade 1: The child must be at least six years and five months (6.5) by August 1st.
- Grade 2: Children must be seven years and five months (7.5) by August 1st.
- Grade 3: Children must be eight years and five months (8.5) by August 1st
- Grade 4: Children must be nine years and five months (9.5) by August 1st.
- Grade 5: Children must be ten years and five months (10.5) by August 1st.
Education is not just about going to school and getting a degree. It’s about widening your knowledge and absorbing the truth about life. – Shakuntala Devi
Ascend offers the entire IB continuum which consists of the PYP, MYP and DP courses.
- PYP: The Primary Years Programme serves students in Pre-Primary through 5th standard. It focuses on the development of the whole child. Our trans-disciplinary approach encourages students to develop a deeper understanding of concepts across subjects, as well as hone skills necessary for lifelong learning. The concepts and the transdisciplinary themes give students a broader outlook on the world and provide an opportunity for teachers to optimize meaningful learning experiences.
- MYP: The Middle Years Programme serves students in 6th through 10th standard. It provides a framework that scaffolds both academic and life skills. Students work on projects that transcend traditional school subjects. This interdisciplinary approach allows students to delve deeper into each subject area. As they synthesize the knowledge of two or more subject areas they generate a new understanding of the key concepts. The MYP also includes Approaches To Learning (ATL). This three dimensional curriculum encourages students to consider the global context of their learning. In addition, ATL skills build foundational knowledge, skills and conceptual understanding that is required for the more rigorous Diploma Programme. Students integrate their learning throughout the programme with a Personal Project through a practical exploration. This e-portfolio features mastery of subjects like Arts, PE, Design and Language Acquisition, along with the e-assessments for Mathematics, Sciences, Individuals and Society and the Language and Literature.
- DP: The Diploma Programme serves students in 11th through 12th standard. It is a demanding two-year curriculum leading to final examinations and a qualification that is welcomed by leading universities around the world. The Theory of Knowledge (TOK) and the Extended Essay showcases not only the students’ knowledge, but the repertoire of the 21st century skills that they have acquired throughout the programme.
- CAS: Service is an important component of all three IB programmes, ensuring that the students reflect on their contextual learning and are motivated to take action in their own communities. The IB Learner Profile additionally summarizes the characteristics that students develop on their journey through the IB programmes.
Also Read – Top 10 IB Schools in Mumbai
Ascend International School also has a specialist program that helps students become more well rounded in terms of extracurriculars. Teachers in the specific expert fields collaborate with the classroom teachers to scaffold meaningful projects that allow students to grow and prosper into better human beings as a whole. Students receive specialist instruction in:
- Yoga – AIS equips students with an abundance of Yoga Techniques and concepts meant to build self-awareness and self-discovery.
- Physical Education – Classes emphasize different components of fundamental and specialized motor skills through interactive games and activities.
- Hindi – It is designed to celebrate India’s national language and to encourage students to be open-minded towards gaining an insight into the nature of Indian culture.
- Music – It is designed to deepen children’s understanding of the elements, skills, techniques, and fundamentals of music.
- Art – In addition to art creation, students are continuously guided to make connections and respond to a variety of artworks in order to further their comprehension and appreciation of the visual arts.
- Library – The Ascend Library programme prepares students to navigate the complex world of information.
- Spanish – Ascend helps prepare students to actively participate in the global community.
- Swimming – Their program aims to guide students learn, develop and perform in an atmosphere which will help them build confidence and be competent.
- Drama – The curriculum spans topics such as devising techniques, world theater, theater history, implementation of theater theory, and theatrical design.
- Design & Technology – This program helps students better understand technology as a useful tool in their ever-changing world.
Students visit one or two of our Specialists every day. Specialists create enriching curriculum and work to integrate classroom subject studies into their areas of expertise.
Ascend’s faculty are all professionals who take the students’ needs into consideration and understand the fact that every child learns and comprehends the subjects differently. Therefore, their teachers adapt to the situation to bring out the best they can for their children. The teachers also dedicate ample time to understand the process of how a student learns. Accordingly, they design an individualized plan for each of them so the students can achieve their desired goal. Since AIS’s classes don’t have more than 18 students per class, the teacher is able to give thorough and complete focus to each one of them so they can surpass their goals. The curriculum is also meticulously designed to strike a balance between learning skills and social emotional proficiency to ensure a meaningful and rich learning experience.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: What kind of curriculum does Ascend International School offer?
A: Ascend International School offers an international curriculum that follows the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) program, which is recognized worldwide.
Q2: What are the extracurricular activities available at Ascend International School?
A: Ascend International School offers a range of extracurricular activities such as sports, music, dance, drama, and art, among others, to provide students with a holistic education.
Q3: Does Ascend International School offer boarding facilities?
A: No, Ascend International School is a day school and does not offer boarding facilities. However, there are several student-friendly hostels and homestays located nearby.
Q4: What is the teacher-student ratio at Ascend International School?
A: The teacher-student ratio at Ascend International School is 1:12, which ensures that students receive personalized attention and support from teachers.
Q5: Does Ascend International School provide scholarships to students?
A: Yes, Ascend International School provides scholarships to deserving students based on academic merit and financial need.